The Nigerian Association of Agricultural Economists (NAAE) and the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, The Federal University of Technology, Akure, (FUTAkure) Ondo State is pleased to announce the 2014 Annual National Conference ( Akure 2014) with the Theme: CLIMATE CHANGE , AGRICULTURE and FOOD SECURITY IN NIGERIA.
This conference seeks to bring together members of NAAE, students and relevant public and private sector stakeholders to discuss and map out a way forward for agriculture and food security in the face of climate change. The event which will hold between the 24th and 27th of February 2014 at the CCE Hilltop Auditorium, FUTAkure Ondo State Nigeria will have the following as it sub-themes
· Climate Change and Trends in Agricultural Production.
· Climate Change and Policy Options for Food Security in Nigeria.
· Climate Change, Agricultural Research and Extension in Nigeria.
· Agricultural Research, Technology Dissemination and Adoption.
· Policy Interventions for Market-driven Agricultural Sector for Food Security.
· Climate Change, MDGs and beyond.
· REDD Climate change and Sustainable Development in Nigeria.
· Modelling the impact of climate change on agricultural production.
PARTICIPATION AND REGISTRATION
Regular Members – 15,000 Naira
Students- 7500 Naira
Others – 20,000 Naira
This Registration fee covers the conference materials and lunch for 3 days.
FOR MORE INFO CONTACT
Professor T.T. Amos- Chairman LOC – email@example.com +2348062484770
Mr. Niran Thompson -Secretary LOC- firstname.lastname@example.org +2348072237255